Collaboration with Artists
We are looking to commission work and collaborate with Indigenous women, youth, and gender-diverse people who are artists. If you or anyone you know may be interested in collaborating in this initiative please email [email protected] or call 306-955-0762 for more details.
In honouring and commemorating the lives and legacies of missing and murdered Indigenous women, girls and two spirit individuals, the Aboriginal Friendship Centres of Saskatchewan began a project called Re-Igniting Sacred Fires.
This project raises awareness on the National Inquiry into
- Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls
- Calls for Justice and women, girls and LGBTQ2S+
- National Action Plan on Ending Violence Against Indigenous Women, Girls and 2SLGBTQQIA+ People
… while supporting those who have been affected by this ever-growing reality. In addition to commemoration, Indigenous women and 2SLGBTQ+ safety is imbedded in the initiatives that adapt to the ever-changing needs.
Re-Igniting Sacred Fires is now in the stages of creating the coloring books that will raise awareness and showcase safety initiatives. The coloring books will honour and raise awareness of MMIWG2S+. A safety focus will also be added as we want to ensure that we are assisting in keeping our woman, gender diverse and youth safe.
Submissions should include the following:
- Commemorating or honouring MMWG2S+
- Empowering Indigenous women, youth and 2SLGBTQ+
- Encouraging Indigenous cultural teachings
- All ages appropriate
- No violent or traumatizing content
- Will not intentionally cause any mental, physical, emotional, or spiritual harm
We are interested in commissioning Indigenous woman, youth, and 2SLGBTQ+ artists to assist in collaborating and contributing to our coloring book.
If you are interested, please reach out to me at the phone number below. At this time, we can go over costs associated, time frames and answer any questions you may have.
Linda Johnson (she/her)
- Battleford Indian & Metis Friendship Centre
- Buffalo Narrows Friendship Centre
- Ile a la Crosse Friendship Centre
- Kikinahk Friendship Centre
- La Loche Friendship Centre
- Newo-Yotina Friendship Centre
- North West Friendship Centre
- Prince Albert Indian & Metis Friendship Centre
- Qu’Appelle Valley Friendship Centre
- Saskatoon Indian & Metis Friendship Centre