Elk Ridge Resort – Waskesiu SK
Promoting the Calls
AFCS has been hard at work promoting the TRC Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action and the National Inquiry into MMIWG Missing And Murdered Indigenous Women And Girls Calls for Justice and subsequent action plans to ensure our partners, stakeholders, and Friendship Centres know how their progress can be measured and celebrated.
If you are looking for ways to map out your reconciliation journey or understand how you can incorporate any of the Calls for Justice in your team, please reach out by contacting AFCS.
Team Building and Workshops
We decided to take time for a team-building staff retreat and work towards understanding our role better, and identify how we can all help and participate in how we as individuals and staff can promote each of the Calls for Action, Calls for Justice and some of the articles of UNDRIP, The United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Celebration and Fun
We used this time to do team-building exercises at the same time as learning and celebrating all of our successes. This also took the place of a “Christmas Party,” and time for all of the Christmas festivities and games included. It was also a great experience as a group to learn to sew hide and fur. We use techniques taught to us by an expert, to make traditional mittens.
- Battleford Indian & Metis Friendship Centre
- Buffalo Narrows Friendship Centre
- Ile a la Crosse Friendship Centre
- Kikinahk Friendship Centre
- La Loche Friendship Centre
- Newo-Yotina Friendship Centre
- North West Friendship Centre
- Prince Albert Indian & Metis Friendship Centre
- Qu’Appelle Valley Friendship Centre
- Saskatoon Indian & Metis Friendship Centre